Soooo...............being pregnant has certainly changed my palate! What I once considered very yummy foods, I now think on with disgust and near nausea. I can't talk about cooked meats, except for ones I rarely have. Mom's roast still sounds good to me, though, so I must still be me! :) But chicken, ground beef, ground turkey, or ground chicken just makes me want to hurl. Period. I'm ok with bacon (though I think it gave me heartburn or something the other night), and Slim Jims. Yeah, I know--those are full of fat and bad stuff. But since it's dried and I don't have it often, it doesn't turn me off. Also, at this point my sisters have told me to just eat what sounds good. I've been eating a lot of fresh vegetables. And pickles--with everything! Yes, here was my dinner the other night...
Looks good, right? Mmmm hmmm! Hashbrowns and bacon, complete with a pickle! Somehow Clausson pickles go with everything these days for me! I think it helps balance the blandness of the raw vegetables. I like how juicy they are! But I've also been eating fresh fruits and berry and yogurt smoothies after my runs, so that's good. It's hard to know what I'll like, though. For instance, the other day I bought a bunch of tomatoes and some salad fixings. Well, wouldn't you know? I don't want to eat tomatoes! So... I gave them (along with my once yummy avocado) to my neighbor. End of story. I may end up giving her the lettuce, too, if we don't eat it up soon. It's not that I'm revolted by the idea of a salad, but I've had a lot lately, and I think there's really something about the dressings I have that turns me off. I dunno.
Something else I've been craving.......
Ice cold water with a slice of lime in it! So refreshing. :) Thanks for the suggestion to get a lime, Denise. :)
Ok, so that's all I have to report today. Super interesting. If anybody has some creative ideas for different things to eat, please let me know! I have a hard time thinking outside the box.
Ta ta!
No comments:
Post a Comment