It's been quite a while since I've posted, and I've certainly had good reason for my negligence! For one thing, we moved to another duplex, which made for an insane past two weeks. But we are both so incredibly happy to be out of that place and into a better one! I'll try to recap the past two weeks as briefly as I can.
Saturday, March 10, Joe and I ran the "Run for God 5K," the first in our list of races to prepare us (me, really) for the half marathon in May. Joe ran it in under 24 minutes and I ran it in 32:50. Actually, that is pretty good for me--that's pre-pregnancy run time! I guess races have a way of getting my adrenaline going and pushing me to do better. All in all, I really didn't enjoy the race. It was unorganized, the path was too small, and I started out too fast. There were several turn arounds on the trail, which really threw me some curves (mentally).
We had already talked to our landlord about letting us out of our lease early, due to the fact that we were concerned about the possibility of mold spores in the air and that we did not want to move that late into my pregnancy. Well, God worked out something amazing for us! We found a place we really liked, and our landlord was able to find a renter within a few days of talking to her. On Monday, March 12, the potential renter looked at our place and soon after he left, he said he wanted it. So we said we could be out by the 23rd. With a lot of work on our part, and a good bit of help from dear friends from church, we were able to get fully moved out by the 21st! Sooo thankful that all worked out! In the midst of the exhaustion from moving, three ladies from our church brought us dinner this past week. WHAT a blessing!
In the middle of the move, we had our next race scheduled for March 17. It was an 8K "Run for Education." Let me just say that this was awful timing for a race, but how were we to know we'd be moving that weekend? There was a thunderstorm that morning, and we almost didn't go, but the rain stopped as soon as we arrived at the school. We weren't prepared for this race at all--we didn't eat anything beforehand, we didn't stretch enough, and we had only run maybe once that week. Ugh! I think it went well overall, though. I let Joe run at his own pace, and he ended up getting 2nd in his age division. :) I completed the race in under an hour, which pleased me. (57:17.) It was a tough one for me. I had dreamt about it a few times the past week, and I was definitely nervous about it. The very last two hills nearly had me in the end, but I made it to the finish line and almost burst into tears when I got there. Not sure why... Maybe I was wondering why it was so hard for me? Afterwards, I talked with a seasoned runner who said that the course was deceptive and seemed easier than it was, so that made me feel better. :)
After that, we focused all our efforts on packing up and moving out. Luckily, I didn't have to work this past week, so I was free to do much more around the house.
This Wednesday I have my next prenatal and will get a much clearer picture of the baby! I will be sure to post it when I do. :)
Obviously, I haven't updated my running log in the past two weeks, but that doesn't mean I haven't been running. Yes, I haven't been running as much as I should, but the move and sheer exhaustion (along with health issues that haven't seemed to clear up completely) have made it next to impossible to keep up. This coming week should see us back on our feet again, though. :)
Until next time!
P.S. I tried to post some pics, but stupid ol' IE won't let me. >:( I'll come back and put them in when I can use Firefox.
You need to post again!!! :) I hope you're unpacking is going well.
ReplyDeleteTeehee! You're so right. I started a post last week and need to finish it! I wanted to upload some pics, but I was on Joe's computer, so I couldn't. (I also hadn't finished the post...) But yeah, unpacking is going...a little at a time. We only have about five boxes left, but what with being sick and all, it was all I could do to make meals and stay alive. ;) Will post soon. Love you!!
ReplyDelete